Thursday, December 18, 2014

Nearly 37 weeks and an update on the husband

Wow, I haven't posted an update in a whole month! :( bad blogger...

This last month has been quite the busy one for us. Like I said in my last post in mid-November, our goal was to move back home the following day... and we did! We have been home for a whole month now. It was super weird at first. We hadn't been in our home for more than a few hours in 3 whole months. Even at that, Isaiah had only had 2 visits for a few hours and I'd run through a few extra times to pick up whatever we needed from home.

It was very strange moving back into our house and having to unpack everything and reorganize. It definitely felt nice to be home though. I really felt like it was so necessary for us to get settled again, establish some sort of routine and finish prepping for baby Audrey's arrival. Since moving back home, Isaiah goes to work a few days a week (heck, last week he went to work 5 days and worked from home the other 2). We also go to our zillions of doctor appointments between the 2 of us. It really works out so well living so close to my parents. My mom has graciously allowed us to use her car since we got home. My car is a ford focus and well, my husband is 6'5"... not exactly the easiest vehicle to get him in and out of and certainly not an easy car to get a wheelchair in and out of. I do try to give my mom her car back on days when I know that he won't be going anywhere, but with her car being the safer of the two, she tries not to let me trade her back.

On a day when he goes to work, I get up, get ready, pack our food, get him up and hand him a few things while he gets ready, drop him off at work, go to work myself... and then whenever he needs to go home, my mom will stop by my office and pick up her car so that she can pick him up from work and take him back to our house. Her schedule is more flexible than mine and it's been so incredibly helpful to allow Isaiah to go to work but not have to stay until after 5pm when I can go pick him up... his foot gets SUPER swollen throughout the day.

Overall, we've seen such huge improvements in Isaiah's overall health and strength, even in this past month. He gets stronger each and every day and hopefully in the next few weeks, we will get the okay to allow Isaiah to start putting weight on his right leg so that he can continue his recovery and build up the strength in his leg again. He does not have full feeling or movement back in his leg but at his physical therapy appointment two days ago, I could really see some HUGE improvements. For now, we just have to stay positive about everything, keep working, and keep praying. Nerves are so touchy and we have to give them time to heal in the hopes that someday (sooner rather than later) he will get full feeling and function back in his right leg. :)

Alrighty... now on to baby things. I am 36 weeks and 4 days as of today. How weird is that?! I will be 37 weeks this weekend. That just sounds so incredibly weird to me. I am definitely starting to FEEL like I am nearly 37 weeks pregnant, but it is still so surreal. During the past few weeks I've also had 2 baby showers, one at home with close friends and family and then one at work with my work family. They were both amazing. We feel so blessed to have such incredible and caring people in our lives. At the shower with my friends and family, I even made it until the very end before I started crying. I was thanking everyone and I just really realized how this was a point we never thought we'd make it to... and yet here we were... preparing for a baby to be born in a matter of weeks.

I have been feeling pretty darn good for nearing the end of my pregnancy. I definitely thought that I'd be a bit more immobile by now but that hasn't been too big of an issue just just yet. Though my giant cankles and sore hips do make walking around a lot slower than normal and sometimes painful. I still insist that I'd rather keep her baking in the oven as long as possible, but I know that I have NO control over that matter.

On to an update...

•How far along? 36 weeks 4 days today

•Due date: January 11, 2015
•Baby is about the size of a large canteloupe (19-22 in, 6lbs... though I'm 99% sure that she's bigger than that... bigger babies tend to run in my family)
•Symptoms: hahaha... other than the giant belly? Too many to list :)
•Cravings:  Hmm... nothing in particular really. I have been wanting to make some soups and other standard winter meals but I think that has nothing to do with pregnancy.
•Bump? Yep! Giant baby bump going on...
•Maternity clothes: Yep! She dropped about 2 or so weeks back so now all pants are pretty uncomfortable, even maternity pants because all material just bunches up under my belly.
•Stretch marks: Yes, I am not one of those lucky women who goes through the pregnancy with no evidence for later.
•Belly button in or out: Still about half way out lol... it flattens out sometimes depending on how she's positioned or if I'm sitting down, but you can definitely see my belly button through my shirts.
•Kicks? Lots of them! I love it. Though she has this new fun thing of kicking me every morning between 4:15 and 4:45am until I get up and go pee. Something tells me that even after she's born, she'll be waking me up around 4:30 every morning.
•Gender: Girl :) Audrey Elizabeth
•Looking forward to: My appointment tomorrow. While technically it is my 36 week appt, I'll only be 2 days away from 37 weeks. BUT they'll do another quick ultrasound to make sure that she is still head down and they'll check to see if I am dilated or effaced at all yet. And now I will start having my weekly appointments. That means she will be here soon!!! I should probably get my hospital bag all ready :/  It IS on my list... my long list of things I really want to do. But there just don't always seem to be enough hours in the day. Ugh.
•Sleep: It really varies. One day I will feel like I slept all night really well. Others I feel like I got no sleep at all. 
•Miss anything: Being able to get things done around the house more quickly, putting on my own socks without grunting or holding my breath, being comfortable in pants, sleeping flat on my back. Really though, I'd give all of that up forever for this little one. While there are things that I do miss, it is so beyond worth it. The reality that she will be here, really any time in the next few weeks, is finally starting to sink in. I have so much to do before she gets here!!! I better get to it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Shelby! I'm so happy to hear Isaiah is healing well. And 37 weeks--WOW! I'm 29 weeks today & kind of freaking out that we're expecting a baby in a matter of weeks, but very excited :) I love her name too! Post a pic! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it is so nice to see him heal more and more each day. Isn't it crazy once you start to realize this is REAL. That there will be a baby in your arms soon? It is still such a surreal feeling to me.

      Delete
  2. So glad he is doing well!!! Happy 37 Weeks (more like 39ish now)!!!

    ReplyDelete