Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17

Today was a big day for my little family. Isaiah was able to go to our home for only the second time since September 2nd and for the first time since then he was able to go upstairs in our house. While he still cannot put any weight on his right leg, we had railings installed yesterday that allow him to basically jump his way up the entire flight of stairs. The 13 stairs needed to get to the upstairs from our main floor is the most stairs he's ever done in a row (also has to go up a separate 5 stairs to get to the main floor from the entryway). Thanks to the railings and how well today went, the plan is to move us back to our home tomorrow. :) 

Today is also the anniversary of my second due date. How crazy is that? What a difference a year makes. A year ago our lives were so different than they are today... And then to think about how different they are from even a year before?! Before the Cancer, before the losses... We had no idea what the coming years had in store for us and I can only imagine what this next year will bring. 

Today also happens to be the day that I got my maternity photos done. I had truly wondered if I'd ever get to this point in a pregnancy. I wasn't sure I'd want photos taken at this point in my pregnancy as I now feel huge and awkward but I don't care how big I get, this is something to celebrate. Not to mention my amazing photographer has already been working on my photos! I can't wait to see how they turn out. :)



6 comments:

  1. First of all, you look beautiful! Not big at all - just beautiful! I'm so happy to hear that you guys will be able to go home and I hope everything from here will get easier and you guys will be able to enjoy the next exciting adventure you're about to begin. Lots of love and prayers for your family! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Yes, it has been quite the week for us. Finally moved back home Tuesday night after I got off of work and then restocked the fridge and pantry last night (it's amazing how much you have to buy when you haven't been home in 11 weeks... NOTHING is left!).

      Delete
  2. you are simply gorgeous!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It still feels strange to see a picture of myself pregnant. I very vividly remember not allowing myself to imagine what that might look like one day because it hurt too much to think about, and now... it's just so surreal.

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! The picture is really beautiful :) So happy that Isaiah is healing & getting his mobility back! Congrats sweets! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful. I'm just catching up a bit... I'm so sorry for all that you are going through with the cancer and pain.

    ReplyDelete