Monday, September 1, 2014

21 weeks for me & surgery for him

First, the update on Isaiah... We fly out to Seattle again tomorrow. Wednesday he will be admitted for the embolization with surgery early Thursday morning. That is going to be a long few days for both of us, thankfully it will got a little quicker for him since he'll be under anesthesia for some of Wednesday and most of Thursday. He will be in ICU for one or two nights, but a total of 7 to 10 days. HOPEFULLY, we will be home shortly after that. PLEASE keep us in your prayers for safe travels, a quick and successful surgery, and a fast recovery.

I will try to keep the blog updated while we are there, but if you'd like more updates, you can check out our gofundme page. http://www.gofundme.com/IsaiahandShelby 

Alrighty, now on to my updates.

•How far along? 21 weeks 1 day as of today


•Due date: January 11, 2015
•Baby is about the size of a banana (7 in, 11oz)
•Symptoms: I get tired pretty early, I like to be in bed around 9:30 or 10. Hungry quite often, but I get full pretty easily. I have to pee allll the time, granted drinking so much water is probably a huge reason. Sore chest still.  Sore back, especially when sitting down. OH! and awesome cankles. If I'm on my feet too much, in higher temps, or flying, they swell up SO bad and sooo quickly. See... This is courtesy of all aforementioned contributors... the bottom pic is after a day of keeping my feet up lol. Quite the difference. 

•Cravings: Salty and savory foods and then anything fresh like fruits and veggies (I assume to counteract all of the salt). Number one craving over the past 2 months or so has been PIZZA. I will eat pizza every day, more than once a day if allowed. I will eat pizza in a variety of forms. I have, on more than one occasion, come home from the store with pizza rolls, frozen french bread pizza, a variety of frozen pizzas, fresh pizzas, and stuff to make any sort of pizza related recipe that I can find. While Isaiah typically likes pizza, he has requested that we eat something other than pizza on more than one occasion. Heck, I even eat pizza for breakfast some days.
•Bump? Yep! Baby bump is finally here, which makes me quite happy.
•Maternity clothes: Heck yes! I can still wear some of non-maternity clothes but I can't stand anything even semi fitted on my stomach. And have you ever tried on maternity pants?! Those things are comfortable!!!
•Stretch marks: Not yet
•Belly button in or out: In but starting to work toward flattening out. It's super weird!
•Kicks? YES! I started feeling her move around 15 weeks and it is still pretty sporadic at this point. I have an anterior placenta, which I've been told basically is the same as having a pillow between the baby and my belly. So her movements aren't super strong, they are more like a soft rolling motion. Sort of like someone just has a hand resting against me but not applying any pressure.
•Gender: Girl :) Audrey Elizabeth
•Looking forward to: Stronger kicks (people keep telling me I'll take that back once it happens), getting back home after Isaiah's surgery and feeling more "normal" in our everyday lives.
•Sleep: Eh, not great, but not the worst that it's been either.
•Miss anything: Real coffee, turkey sandwich, this amazing blue cheese salad at a local restaurant, and a local brewery makes a raspberry wheat beer and an apple ale... together they are delicious. All totally worth it though.

The past few weeks we've been making some awesome progress on Audrey's room. We got the room all painted about a month ago, then the trim and crown molding up shortly afterward. Furniture has all arrived now. Here is the current progress! :)





Thank you all for your continued prayers and support... it really means so much to us. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! LOVE the room - love love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's officially my favorite room in the house for so many reasons

      Delete
  2. love, love, love the room and you are absolutely adorable!!!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tell people all of the time how thrilled I am to just be pregnant that I don't even care if I look like a cow... Anything is fine be me as long as baby girl is healthy!

      Delete
  3. What an adorable room! I love it. Keeping you both in my thoughts. Sending you strength and well wishes.

    andthewindscreamsmary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  4. The room looks great! So glad all is continuing to go well with you and baby (minus the swollen feet!). Sending lots of prayers for your hubby for his surgery tomorrow and a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty bump & precious nursery! You are SO prepared! I'm 14 weeks and have not made a single decision. Thinking of you guys! XOXO

    ReplyDelete