Alrighty! The time has come. He has FINALLY finished his 6 weeks of radiation. We are pretty darn excited about that to say the least. He's definitely still feeling the effects of it but still sooo much less harsh on him than chemo or chemo AND radiation.
The next step is surgery. We have his pre-op appointment scheduled for August 11th in Seattle. Hopefully, this means surgery will be the following day. One thing we've learned through all of this is to take what we get and not expect anything more. We have the pre-op date. On that date, we will get his surgery date. We don't know how long we will be gone. Heck, we don't even know how long he'll have to be in the hospital post-op. But... we have a date.
We are realizing more and more how incredibly blessed we are. The prayers are most definitely being answered. We have some seriously amazing family members who are letting us stay with them for a bit when we get down to Seattle AND borrow a car. We had hoped to be able to stay in that family friend's condo that we stayed in last time, but it isn't going to be available. After the initial panic, we regrouped and found an incredible deal on a hotel thanks to the hospital's promo code. We have booked the hotel for one week. We are SOOO hoping that somehow we will be asking them to cut our stay short because we are given the okay to go home sooner than that. However, there is still a good chance, we will be stuck there for quite awhile longer.
We are so thankful for everyone out there who has loved us, supported us, helped us, and prayed for us throughout all of this. We aren't done yet so please don't stop sending prayers our way.
Oh and another bonus, my mom is going to be with us in Seattle for that week of surgery. :)
It is going to be a good week. I've already decided :). We are going to see some family, eat good food, and I've also decided we will get only FANTASTIC news from the doctors. And it would really help if Isaiah doesn't have to stay in the hospital very long. He gets a little antsy and cranky. He likes to threaten to walk out.
If we somehow are able to come home the following weekend, we will be home in time for my anatomy ultrasound. I will definitely re-schedule if necessary though because this surgery and time in Seattle is obviously more important right now. We need to get him healthy so that he can start healing before baby makes an appearance in January. :)