During the appointment we also asked for his best guesstimate on the gender. It's still fairly early but I've heard with this new fancy machine, he's been REALLY good at giving early guesses. AND his guess is at least based on some science not just a random feeling. He guessed that the baby is a girl.
Since I still won't know for sure for 6 more weeks, I thought it might be fun to check out some of the old wives tales to see what they say. I picked 10 to try. Here we go....
- Carrying high or low: low so far - boy
- Baby's heart rate over or under 14: Over - girl
- Skin breaking out - yes - girl
- Nausea: yes - girl
- Craving salty or sweet: salty - boy
- Legs more or less hairy: less - girl
- Husband have more brothers or sisters: brothers - boy
- Feet colder or warmer: colder - boy
- Chest bigger: YES - boy
More clumsy than before: no - girl
That brings us to 5 votes for girl and 5 votes for boy... So for the tie breaker.
- Chinese gender chart: girl