Tuesday, July 8, 2014

13 week ultrasound

I went in today and got to have a pretty cool ultrasound. The doctor was looking for any causes for concern. Thankfully they said that everything looks great. They still do see the small spot that was likely causing the previous spotting, but even with no spotting over the past week, the bleed has gotten much smaller. My next appointment isn't for another 6 weeks! :( It was supposed to be scheduled during my 18th week but the ultrasound dr is out of town that week so I have to wait an extra week.

During the appointment we also asked for his best guesstimate on the gender. It's still fairly early but I've heard with this new fancy machine, he's been REALLY good at giving early guesses. AND his guess is at least based on some science not just a random feeling. He guessed that the baby is a girl.

Since I still won't know for sure for 6 more weeks, I thought it might be fun to check out some of the  old wives tales to see what they say. I picked 10 to try. Here we go....
  • Carrying high or low: low so far - boy
  • Baby's heart rate over or under 14: Over - girl
  • Skin breaking out - yes - girl
  • Nausea: yes - girl
  • Craving salty or sweet: salty - boy
  • Legs more or less hairy: less - girl
  • Husband have more brothers or sisters: brothers - boy
  • Feet colder or warmer: colder - boy
  • Chest bigger: YES - boy

More clumsy than before: no - girl

That brings us to 5 votes for girl and 5 votes for boy... So for the tie breaker.
  •  Chinese gender chart: girl
So far the doctor and random old wives tales point toward girl, but really it's all pretty darn close. Here are the pics that I got today :)




8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear this good news! And to hear the spotting hasn't returned.
    As for boy or girl, it seems it could go 50/50 either way? Do you have a "gut feeling"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been starting to think girl lately. That was only strengthened when the doctor guessed girl. So we shall see! We will be thrilled either way. We just want a happy and healthy baby.

      Delete
  2. such amazing pictures!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just replied to your last comment on your last post and asked how your appointment went and then I saw this :) Yay!! Great pics! Sorry you still have no confirmation on the gender, but for now, I love thinking about your little one as a little girl. Hugs to you and your girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) it's just so weird that this is really happening. It's amazing.

      Delete
  4. Wow your baby looks like a BABY! How cool is that?! So glad things are going well and I'm praying that the hardest part is behind you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy right?! I was amazed at the difference between 8 and 9 weeks but man... Now??!! Sooo much more like a baby. It's so amazing! And thank you!!! :)

      Delete