Sunday, June 1, 2014

Blessed

Lately, I've spent a lot of time thinking about how good the Lord is.

I still remember the night when my husband came home from work and told me how sore his back was because he'd had to shovel out 3ft+ of snow and push out 15 or so cars and giant vans that were stuck in the snow. It was a rough day. In the following time, the pain grew worse and began to go down his right leg and into his foot. Not until he had this weird feeling in his foot like it was always asleep (a month after the day he hurt his back) did he finally make an appointment with a chiropractor. A chiropractor who referred him to the right neurosurgeon, who in turn referred him to the right radiologist and oncologist. They all got together and decided the best place to go was Seattle Cancer Care Alliance through the University of Washington.

We have been totally blessed by the right people, the right doctors, all at the right time. We have been blown away but the prayers and love and support that people have surrounded us with. Sometimes, even people that we don't know and have never met.

We talk all of the time about how this is clearly God laying out this path for us. He has guided us and supplied us with everything that we need, and I believe that He will continue to do so. Those bills haven't started to hit our mailbox just yet, but they are coming. Whatever they add up to, we will figure it out. God will provide.

I did start to panic the other night when I started to realize that come January 2015, if all goes well with this pregnancy, we will be paying his medical bills, my medical bills, all while I take 12 weeks of unpaid leave from my job. Thankfully, after a quick freak out, I prayed. I prayed for peace. I know that the Lord has provided for us this far, and that will not stop now. We will figure it all out as it comes. Stress is not good for anyone, but it certainly isn't good for me while pregnant... 8 weeks as of today! :)

Tomorrow is a big day here in our household. Tomorrow morning at 9am, I have my first ultrasound with this pregnancy. We will find out how many babies there are and how they are developing so far. I know that this pregnancy was gifted to us by God at this time for a reason. I can only hope and pray that tomorrow morning, the doctor gives us some incredibly amazing news. The only other pregnancy that made it to ultrasound day, all came crashing down when there was no heartbeat. Here is to hoping that tomorrow's ultrasound appointment is a VERY different type of appointment.

Also tomorrow, the husband has his first round of radiation. His first of 25 sessions... The next step toward a healthy husband.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow... it is definitely a big day for us. :)

7 comments:

  1. He is good! Can't wait to hear all about tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm so ready for some more good news and a happy post. :)

      Delete
  2. Praying for your family and all of the events tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :) I really appreciate it... And I will be sure to update the blog tomorrow with the info on how things go. Hopefully it will all be very good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you strength and happiness for your appointments today. Looking forward to reading another happy post later today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you so many prayers today. I hope all goes well at both yours and your husband's appointments. Can't wait for your update!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19

    I love this verse because it says that He will provide for our needs according to HIS riches...not ours. It doesn't matter what your bank account say or how much money you make in your pay check. It's all about His riches. Just give him what little you have and watch Him multiply it. He did it with fish and He will do it with your money :) hugs!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete