Monday, June 30, 2014

All is good :)

Such a HUGE relief. I went in today just to see what was going on since I've had the lovely spotting going on. It was so nice to hear the words "we've got a baby with a heartbeat". I refused to look at the screen until the doctor said that. I didn't want to watch and assume that something didn't look right. 

Everything looks good and heartrate is strong. The baby even rolled over and wiggled the little butt at us, rolled back toward us and waved and then back to profile angle for some kicking and punching. Something tells me this baby is going to beat up my insides as he/she gets bigger. 

Apparently on one side of the placenta, a small part of the edge hadn't attached all the way, causing the bleed. They weren't worried at all by this. They said everything looks perfect. Just to be 100% sure that is what is going on, I'm going back next week to meet with the ultrasound tech and his fancy super detailed machine to verify. 

I guess this is what I get for being disappointed when they told me at my 9 week appt how my next appointment (supposed to be next week) would be Doppler only and no ultrasound. So instead I got the one today AND I'll get one next week. 

So glad that everything is okay. It is so hard not to stress sometimes. Thank you for the prayers and words of encouragement. It truly does help. :)

And here's the little one!! 

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Very glad for you and I'm sure this has given you some peace of mind. And another peek next week, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, going in today made me feel a lot better.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news, I'm sure that is such a relief. It's always better to get that good news than to have to worry and wonder if everything is okay. And the good part is you got to see your cute little one :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, it was amazing to get to see the baby again. It still just amazes me every time I get to see that baby. Such a miracle.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Such a relief! So glad your doctor got you in and that all is wonderful with your little one! And yay for another ultrasound next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I seriously think that I jinxed myself when I was sad I found out at my 9 week appt that I wouldn't get an ultrasound at my 13 week appt. Now I get 2!

      Delete
  4. Love that you will get two sonos back to back! So glad everything is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. :) It is so wonderful to get good news. It still surprises me when I get to leave the doctor with a smile or happy tears. Such a change.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow that is such an incredible picture! Congratulations! I am praying for a continued healthy pregnancy and amazing delivery! hugs! xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm praying the same for you... but for now I've added in praying for an "I'm pregnant" post from you so that the rest of that prayer can come to be as well.

      Delete