Monday, June 9, 2014

9 weeks 1 day

Had my first "official" OB appointment. It has only been one week since my last appointment where we got to see our little baby and the strong heartbeat. I was a little nervous but all went well. 

As soon as the doctor started the ultrasound the baby did this full body wiggle thing. It was so cool to see. Heart beat still going strong. It was so surreal to be there and see that. This is our baby. Our baby is still there, still growing, still living. What an incredible blessing. 

I don't go back in for another month. And that appointment will be a Doppler appointment only to listen to the heartbeat, no ultrasound. Which I am sad about BUT I have to look at it as, if they felt I was high risk this time, I'd be in a lot more often. The fact that this pregnancy is considered "normal" is a very very good thing. 

Here are baby's pictures from today. Stubborn little thing refused to turn to the side so that we could get a good profile picture but I'll take it! :)



7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you and the little peanut are doing well. I hope your husband is doing well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's been doing okay. He's done with his first week of radiation now so another step closer to healthy :)

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear everything is continuing to do well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it's going well!!!!!! so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a good appointment! Such good news :-)

    ReplyDelete