Sunday, June 22, 2014

11 weeks and spotting

As of today I am 11 weeks. This is definitely the furthest I've ever been in a pregnancy and I was feeling pretty comfortable with everything, until last night. Last night I had some spotting. I know, I know, "spotting can be normal". When you've had 4 miscarriages already, anything new or similar at all to miscarriage, scares the living day lights out of you. 

I was over at my parents house hanging out with some friends, my mom, and my sister in law. Thankfully, they are all amazing and were very reassuring. I did call the on call provider with my dr office. Basically they said that it's very encouraging that I've only had a little bit of spotting, that I've seen the heartbeat, and that I hadn't had any "period like" cramping. 

For now I'm supposed to try to rest a lot and try to not stress out. Easier said than done obviously but I know that nothing I do will change what is or isn't happening. Unfortunately in the first trimester, if you begin to miscarry, there is nothing that can be done to stop it. 

The spotting was 12 hours ago now and I haven't had any spotting since :) which makes me feel better but I am still worried, naturally. I plan to call my doctor office as soon as they open tomorrow morning and see if they'll let me come in to check on the baby. 

Spotting is sadly pretty common during pregnancy. As if we all don't already have enough to watch out for and worry about. For now, I will take each day as it comes and pray that everything is okay. 

I do not want to see this little baby until he or she is due... Please let this baby stay safe, healthy and growing until it is time... And I'm talking like December at the EARLIEST. :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad your spotting stopped! My sister had spotting in her new pregnancy (after her recent miscarriage) and all was fine. But like you said, to not worry is much easier said than done. Still praying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Thankfully two of the other women over at my mom's last night both had spotting during their pregnancies and all is okay now.

      Delete
  2. Thank you!! Thankfully, it has now been almost 24 hours since then and no more spotting. As if any woman wouldn't freak out enough and with the extra hormones, but then I just panicked especially when it just made me flash back to my previous pregnancies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Shelby! I'm praying Baby stays put until December *at the earliest*. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying extra prayers for you hon. I know any amount of bleeding no matter how little is frightening, but like you said, it's pretty common in pregnancy and doesn't mean anything is wrong. Hope you were able to get in to see your baby today. Hugs. Sending you and your little one lots of prayers <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying and believing Exodus 23:25-26 for you right now. That none would miscarry! xo

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete