Friday, May 2, 2014

Today... today, they made me cry...

I don't like to cry. I try my best to NEVER cry... especially not in front of people... and NOT at work. Over the past 2 years I've become a total cry baby. I now cry at the drop of a hat (still not in public or in front of others if at all possible). I'm guessing the crazy hormonal ups and downs of pregnant, not pregnant, pregnant, not pregnant, etc., has a huge impact on this.

But today... today they made me cry. More than once!

I have been so incredibly blessed by amazing family, friends, and co-workers. I've had to be at work a lot while waiting to get the call on test results and my amazing work family has been there for me. They've all been so incredibly supportive and loving. I've felt so blessed to be where I am. They really take such good care of me.

Around noon today, our courier dropped off a card from a branch office. It was from 3 ladies that I speak with on a daily basis, but rarely see in person. These women put together some money but more importantly they put their support into words. I cried. Thankfully, they were happy tears.

When the work day was nearly over, a few women in my office handed me another card from the office... more AMAZING words of encouragement, prayer, and money. I cried. I couldn't even read the card yet... I just started crying and gave them hugs. To make me cry MORE, one of my good friends, who I happen to share an office with, let me know that she also set up a gofundme account for us and there had already been some donations. I cried.

I know that these people care about me, and about us... but to have all of the prayers, kind words, encouragement, support, and hugs... I felt so incredibly blessed today.

So today... today, they made me cry. But they were most definitely happy tears. Tears of joy and disbelief at how lucky we are and how loved we are. 

No words can even begin to explain to them what that meant to us.

To all of you out there who have said a prayer for us, reached out, said kinds words, supported us in person or from afar... thank you. Thank you SO much! We really don't deserve all of this and we so appreciate it.

**Update: I'd never even thought about sharing the gofundme account on here until amberunderconstruction mentioned it... so here it is.

Isaiah & Shelby gofundme account

12 comments:

  1. It is so great for you to have such supportive friends, family and coworkers. Nobody can go it alone and we all need love and comfort. Sending well wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really are so lucky and blessed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry too :) What wonderful friends and colleagues you have! Sending you so many happy wishes and prayers hon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so wonderful to have awesome people around you supporting you guys. Will you be sharing the go fund me account on here? I'd love to donate if you do share it. I'm keeping you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is definitely a blessing. Oh! I never even thought of that honestly. that's so incredibly sweet of you. And thank you!!!

      Here is the link: http://www.gofundme.com/8t82zs

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Right?! We feel very lucky to have these awesome people in our lives. :)

      Delete
  6. It is so awesome that you have such a great support system!! Praying for you girlie!! hugs!!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you have so much support! Btw ... I'm not far from Seattle, so if you need a break from all the hospital stuff, and want to meet up, let me know. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice! Ya, once I have an idea of how busy we'll be I might see if you are free for a bit :)

      Delete