Saturday, May 17, 2014

Preparing for our next trip... praying for happy answers

Well right now I am supposed to be packing for Seattle. Per usual, I got distracted reading everyone's latest blog posts. I just really wanted to reach out for some prayers. We leave tomorrow for Seattle again for our follow up appointment with the husbands doctors. We should find out everything tomorrow. Exactly what TYPE of cancer it is. What stage it is at. What the treatment plan will be. Whether or not we will be able to get the majority of his treatment at home, in Alaska. How long his treatment should take. When surgery will be to remove the tumor.

There are still so many unknowns and hopefully after Monday, that list should be A LOT smaller. I feel like we have really done well with not stressing out about all of the craziness going on in our lives right now (with the husband's tumor that is most likely cancer and my being pregnant in the middle of all of this). I feel like God has given us no more than we can handle. We are taking this one day at a time and one step at a time. I feel oddly calm and at peace with our situation, and I know that I have God to thank for that. I am constantly praying and I know we have so many amazing people out there praying for us too. We feel it! We really really do.

We feel incredibly blessed by our fantastic support system and also just where we are at in our lives. Things are by no means easy, but it is nothing that we can't handle with His help. And this is coming from someone incredibly neurotic! I don't understand how in the world it is possible that I'm not totally losing it 24/7. I am a major planner. I must KNOW everything. I don't do well with surprises or unknowns. But here we are... living our lives one day at a time. It is the day before we fly out and I haven't packed a thing. Heck my suitcase is still partially packed from when we just flew home a few days ago.

As far as baby stuff goes, we are waiting to get the first ultrasound scheduled until we figure out when we'll be home from Seattle (because it's another we have NO idea when we'll be back kind of trip). So far I feel really good. I get nauseous whenever I am hungry, but that's not bad at all. Definite sore chest... not gonna lie, they feel HUGE lol. Oh and it doesn't take much food before I'm full but then I get hungry again 2 hours later. There has also been this slight dull ache in my lower stomach on and off... mostly just on the left side. At first I worried a bit that it was period cramps, but they feel NOTHING like period cramps. It's very strange. And naturally retaining every drop of water possible.  And I am loving every single second of it!

Today I pulled out my summer clothes and stored my winter clothes. For someone who lives in Alaska, I seem to own a ton of summer clothes... wishful thinking I guess. Anyway, in the process I also finally pulled out the tubs full of pregnancy and baby things. It made me cry, but what doesn't these days. I worried for a moment that this would somehow jinx the pregnancy but quickly pushed that thought away. What is going to happen, will happen. For now all that I can do is keep myself healthy and pray.

Well this scatterbrained post is nearly over, I just have to ask you all for one thing. Prayers. Please keep us in your prayers these next few days. I am really hoping for some good news on Monday. It would be so incredibly amazing to get news that this will be easily treated and that we can do treatment at home. That would be such a huge relief for us and such a huge financial relief as well to have the husband at home. We have been so lucky to have so many people thinking about us and praying for us and I just ask that you keep that going. We really need them right now.

Thank you!!!! :)

rainbow :)
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2a/c4/1b/2ac41b1c3783b46f45ac28d05ed7f74e.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Continuing to keep you and your hubby in my prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We've certainly felt all of the prayers headed our way! :)

      Delete
  2. Thinking about you girl - Hope Monday goes well and will be looking for an update! So so so glad you have peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, the peace has truly been a gift. So amazing.

      Delete
  3. Praying, praying, praying for you and I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow. So glad to hear his peace is with you during this hard time and I'm trusting that He will continue to hold you in the coming weeks. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly has. We are so lucky to also have so many people out there praying. We really have all of you to thank for the amazing peace and support that we've felt through all of this. I know I'd be a total wreck otherwise.

      Delete
  4. Shelby, I've been away from bloggy world for a bit. Just wanted to tell you I'm so sorry about the cancer. But so happy to hear you're pregnant. Hoping for the best on both counts. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) So far, the cancer news is a lot better than it could've been. We'll certainly take it. And as soon as we get home, we can schedule that ultrasound to see how the pregnancy is going! :)

      Delete
  5. Thinking of and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete