Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Busy busy busy...

As you can imagine, things have been a bit busy around here lately. We flew back home late Monday night. We will only be hope for 5 days before we have to fly back to Seattle for his next appointment. Thankfully, this appointment should be all of the results from the biopsy, scans, and tests as well as the plan of attack.

It is so nice to be home, even for just a few days. Already SO worth it. We were only gone for 9 days but it actually felt like 3 weeks. There was obviously a lot going on, but also a lot of waiting around. Yay hanging out at the hospital. :/

So far we are clinging to the possibility that it is good news that it is not as quick growing as they initially thought and that they told us, if it is the specific subtype of sarcoma that they believe it is, no chemo will be done. That only increases the likelihood that he will be able to get all, or at least the majority, of his treatment done at home. What a blessing that would be.

Also, some more good news. While we were gone, I realized that I was nearly a week late already. I'm not typically late.... ever. So on our trip to the drug store to fill his prescription for pain meds after the biopsy, I picked up some tests. I was shocked. I am pregnant. AGAIN.

This was some much needed good news for us right now. We were really hoping that this would be the case, but obviously we were not exactly banking on that. Talk about some happy news to sustain us while we deal with all of these scary appointments.

In no way am I out of the woods, but we are so excited. I went in to the doctor yesterday for my blood draw, and the doctor said the HCG numbers came back great! That's the first time I've ever heard that.... even though this is my 5th pregnancy... that was the FIRST time I've been told that my numbers look great.

As soon as we get an idea of when we should be returning from Seattle this time, I will be calling to set up my ultrasound appointment. :) So exciting! As of right now, I am 5 weeks and 3 days along. I'll take it! Every single day is truly a blessing and an answer to prayers.

I took the test this past Friday night, so it made for such a happy Mother's Day (waited to blog about it until I had the blood test to verify and we were able to notify our families). It made me nervous, because I was pregnant last Mother's Day as well, but this is a new year, a new pregnancy, and a whole new set of circumstances. I trust that God has a plan for this pregnancy and this child. I can't wait to see what it will be.

Please keep our family in your prayers. We have a lot going on right now and I know that prayer is the only way that we are calm and at peace with everything. No matter what comes our way, we will make it through. We are truly blessed.

Trust.
http://spirituallythinking.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-gods-hands.html

11 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Saying extra prayers for you and you new little one, and a huge prayer for your hubby! Hoping for good news all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, congratulations on the baby! I'm sure that is a lot of extra emotions to deal with while you are going through all of this testing with your husband, but we will all be covering you in prayer. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Ya, it's definitely interesting to do all of this at the same time but it is amazing to have something so happy to focus on too.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad your numbers came back great! That's so heart warming to hear! It's got to be surreal having that happen for the first time really, with this being your 5th pregnancy. But regardless, praise God for 5 weeks 3 days!! Covering you, your hubby, and this precious new child in prayer as we speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! :) Loving the prayers.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the pregnancy and good news about your numbers! That is such good news and I hope it gives you comfort during this difficult time. Sending warm thoughts your way for you, your husband and little nugget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahoo Congrats girl!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful news Shelby! Prayers are with you & hubs! XOXO

    ReplyDelete