Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Update after Monday appointments



Monday update: Confirmed by radiologist that it is in fact a bone tumor growing out of his pelvis. We do not know to what extent it has taken over the bone. (prayers that it is just some weird tumor growing on his pelvis and not actually taking over or eating away at his pelvis). We will for sure be flying to the University of Washington sometime soon. Not sure when yet... likely in the next few weeks.

At this point there are a few options that the team in Washington can choose from. 1. Go in and remove it. 2. Remove as much as possible followed by chemo and/or radiation to get rid of the rest (especially if it is IN his bone). 3. Chemo and/or radiation to shrink the tumor and then remove it. I'm REALLLLLLY praying for option 1.

One of his younger sisters actually had something like this in her jaw when she was little. It was eating away at her jaw but it wasn't actually cancerous and no radiation or chemo was done. PLEASE LORD LET IT BE THIS and NO chemo or radiation is needed. He really wants to avoid those.


He is truly being so strong through all of this, meanwhile I had a total meltdown at work yesterday. I am happy to have more answers... I just really want them to say "non- cancerous... easy to remove. Let's get it out this week."

Please keep praying. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I'm sorry!!! I just went through all of this with my sweet nephew. Praying and standing in agreement that NO chemo or radiation with be needed - in Jesus name we call forth healing over your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying God's healing right now! By His stripes we ARE healed according to Isaiah 53:5.

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shelby, I read about what you're going through over at this child's mom's blog and I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers, well wishes and positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete