Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Another month... another plan?

Well, looks like another negative this month.

Back in the beginning of December I had a chemical pregnancy (very early miscarriage) and after that one my doctor changed up the plan with increasing my femara as well as placing me on progesterone just to give it a try. She told me that if there was still nothing after 3 months we would change up the plan again. First cycle, never got a positive OPK. Okay, that's weird... maybe my body was re-regulating with the miscarriage and the increased meds. Cycle 2, ovulated kind of early for me and timing wise... that month just didn't work out. This cycle, positive OPK on cycle day 11. I don't know about you, but for me that is pretty dang early. Like 3-6 days early. So naturally I didn't expect much out of this cycle based on the timeline.

So that brings us to today, I tested this morning, negative. So I called my doctor this morning to let them know, 3rd cycle negative, what is the next step? I get a call back a bit later and of course I am working and miss the call. So I called back and left another message. I wait another 2 hours and got another call back. Thankfully I was watching for the call and picked up this time.

Go figure... my doctor is currently on vacation out of town and won't be returning until next Wednesday. Her first available appointment would be March 17th... Um... that's gonna be a no. I'm not sitting out yet another cycle. Not happening. As nicely as I could without totally losing it, I said no. That's not going to work. Well... she doesn't get back until Wednesday so we can have her give you a call then to figure out the new plan. Again, not going to work as I am out of the Femara which I take cycle days 3-7. Which would mean, I'd miss taking that in time. So again, I said no. Thankfully, the nurse said to just call back on cycle day 1 and they will call in a refill of my Femara and I can then take that on schedule until my doctor is back in the office on Wednesday when she can then call me with the new plan.

Ugh... what a frustrating day. I wake up to a negative and a whole lot of new snow outside. I hate snow. I mostly hate driving in it, but the cold isn't my favorite either. Then my doctor is out of town. Really? :( this is just getting old. I'd really like to avoid anything more being piled on to this fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment