Monday, February 3, 2014

What to say...

What to say... I have experienced 4 miscarriages of my own and have had some amazing women open up to me about their own miscarriages. But what do you say to someone when you hear that they too, are one of us now?

It is so heartbreaking to learn of another woman losing a child, especially when you know the feeling all too well. I ache for them. I cry for them. I pray for them. I remember with each miscarriage, that point of "This is real... I've lost a child".  It is such a surreal place to find yourself. 

But what do you say to that woman next to you who just had her heart shattered by this news? Do you say "I'm sorry"?  It doesn't feel like enough. I truly am sorry. It is something that I'd never wish on anyone to experience. But somehow it doesn't feel like enough. 

I know that no words will change what has happened but I feel like I need to do what I can to help. Start healing that wound. Start moving on to "after miscarriage" as I've called it before

I know you've heard it a million times but life can change in an instant. One minute she's a happy, hopeful pregnant woman... The next she's a broken, confused woman who was pregnant. 

I recently learned of another angel baby that has made their way to heaven. While I am glad for that child to have such eternal happiness... My heart aches for the family's loss. I pray that The Lord is holding this family tight and is pouring out His love and comfort to them right now. They need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment