Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

It is 2014... Wow. It just seems so strange. On one hand it sucks to have time go so quickly but at the same time, 2013 was a very trying year. It was a year of 4 pregnancies, 4 miscarriages, numerous trips to the doctor, and countless ultrasounds and blood tests.

It is interesting to think back on where I was at this time last year. We had recently purchased and moved into our first home and we had finally decided that we would start having kids. Now here I am a year later... With no baby in my arms. I miss how naive I was just a year ago... How I thought that because we had decided we would have kids, that it would be that simple. We would just have kids.

But with this new year comes new possibilities. This could be the year that we finally get to hold our baby in our arms and bring our baby home.

I'm not one to make new years resolutions but there are a few things that I have hope for in 2014...
  • Draw even closer to God - this whole ttc journey has already done quite a bit in that area but I know that there is more than I can do to strengthen that relationship.
  • More time spent with family - this includes more date nights with the husband and just more time in general focused spending quality time with family and friends
  • Get in shape! I've already lost about 25lbs since miscarriage #3 but I know there is still more that I can do to get in the better shape
  • And finally... my most obvious hope for this year is a child. I know that it may or may not be in God's plans for our family and even if it is, it might not be this year. But I have hope.

*Side note, how darn cute is this? lol I love my head to toe tie dye outfit (one of many photos of me in this or a similar outfit as a kid). 

Brother and Me :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your resolutions/hopes, and I love your outlook! Think of closing the door to 2013 and opening a new one of hope, of possibilities for what God can do. I know you never thought in a million years that 2013 would bring what it did, but I tend to think that the more suffering/dramatic upheaval God allows in someone's life, the more beauty, unfathomable blessings, and even miracles He will bring out of it for that person. The people that suffer some of the worst and we wonder how they handle it all -- those are the people that one day are BLOWN AWAY by what God does in their lives and through them. In fact, He promises all that good, as long as we hold on to Him when it's toughest. Hold on tight, He's not done with you yet!! You will bring your sweet baby home one day! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your picture is adorable, as usual! Your brother looks like he's trying to keep the pizza from you. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha, ya... that's a definite possibility.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations for surviving 2013 and for continuing to push ahead in the face of adversity. I am also trying to look forward to the possibilities that a new year may bring.... here's hoping! Best wishes to you and your family for a happy, healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete