Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas!... and a gift for myself

Merry Christmas!

Here in Alaska it isn't even 11pm yet on Christmas night. I've had a great Christmas this year. It isn't exactly the Christmas that I have been picturing all year, as I fully expected to be holding our baby this Christmas... but it was still a wonderful time with family.

Husband and I went to his family's house for Christmas Eve, which is always a ton of fun and incredibly entertaining. He is the oldest of 8 so there are always tons of people around. It's like a party with just immediate family. Granted this year we were missing a few... one sibling and his family live in another state, and then another sibling went with his wife to see her family for Christmas.

Then this morning, we went over to my parents house for another fun time with family. Definitely fewer people, but with a 6 year old and 3 dogs running around, the noise level is probably about even :). We were also hoping to be interrupted to take a trip to the hospital since my sister in law (brother's wife) is pregnant and could be having the baby any day now. My mom and I have been trying to talk her into eating some spicy food or doing a few sets of stairs to see if we can get things moving along haha. I just can't wait to meet this new niece of mine!!!

Anyway, I got myself a Christmas present... I have a shopping problem :/ haha. Do you have that same problem? Well, I feel like I have good reason for this gift to myself. A few months back I read a blog post (cannot remember which blog for the life of me) and she had ordered a necklace from Origami Owl as a physical reminder of her child lost to miscarriage. I thought that that was such a great idea. I searched the website, picked out what I wanted, but never ordered it.

Then about a week and a half ago I saw a link to the website where the consultant (I think this company calls them "designers") was going to be donating 50% of her commissions to a family that I know who is currently going through a rough time due to some medical stuff. I thought, how perfect! I'd get this necklace I've been looking at, and it'll also help out another family! I logged on that night and ordered myself this necklace. I purchased the medium locket in rose gold, rose gold chain, rose gold "faith" plate, a HOPE charm, angel wing charm, and then 4 birthstone charms... October, November, December and August. One for what would have been each baby's due date had those pregnancies not ended in miscarriage.

Well the necklace finally arrived this week, and I LOVE it. It is not only beautiful but so incredibly meaningful to me. It is something physical that serves as a reminder of my angel babies. It is so nice to have another happy thing come out of something that was very difficult and painful at times.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!! Can't believe it is almost 2014!!!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your necklace! So perfect to remember your sweet babies. What beautiful colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ya, it worked out well that I'd waited to order when I did anyway so I was able to order all of the birthstones at once. I love this necklace. I wear it every day.

      Delete