Monday, November 25, 2013

Seattle happened again...


As I mentioned in my Due Date #2 post, we went to Seattle again. It was an absolute blast. I flew out last Saturday morning with two of my brother in laws. Landed in Portland for our layover... took a bumpy flight on in to Seattle. The 3 of us took the light rail to downtown and wandered the few blocks to our hotel. After checking in and get our stuff put in our room, we decided we needed to find FOOD. We walked around and checked out a few menus, finally decided to try the Taproom, which of course had a 45 minute wait. We decided we didn't want to wait. So we walked... and walked... and walked. It was actually a lot of fun and after much more than 45 minutes of walking, we walked into Hard Rock. We don't currently have one in Alaska and they were able to get us in right away.

It was 8:30 or so and we were hungry. I had myself a Watermelon Margarita... can we say YUM? :)

After dinner we were in search of ice cream... I'm not entirely sure why but we were having a heck of a time finding somewhere at 10pm that sold ice cream. We settled for some cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory (another restaurant we don't have in Alaska).  We took our cheesecake back to the hotel to watch a movie. The boys and I had an entertaining night. We stayed up waiting for the husband's flight to arrive (he had to work Saturday night so he didn't fly in until 1:30am). He shows up just after we'd all gone to sleep. He turns lights on and makes all sorts of noise so we all were wide awake yet again. We told him about our night and by the time we were finished talking, we were all a bit delirious. We stayed up until about 3:30 laughing and talking. Our alarms started going off at 7... that was not nearly enough sleep. After we all took showers and got ready to go for the day.

We were in Seattle for a purpose after all, the Seahawks game. We left our hotel before 9am (ya, the game wasn't until 1:30pm) and started the half hour walk to the stadium. We weren't the only ones decked out in our gear either! We wandered through all of the tailgating and went on into the stadium for all of the fun pre-game stuff that started at 10. We bought even MORE Seahawks stuff, we had to be fully prepared for the game of course.

We watched the teams warm up, we found our seats (2 hours before the game).
Awesome seats by the way... After the boys were done with their initial excitement, we were able to go look around the stadium some more. Bought more stuff at the pro shop. Eat food. Drink. Hang out in general. And then... it was game time...



 
The game was certainly A LOT of fun and can't wait to go to another one!
Hanging out  in our seats a good few hours before the game haha
After the game we walked back to our hotel to grab our bags, wandered through Nordstrom Rack really quickly so I could get THESE!!! :)
http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?gid=23670
and these....
http://juliannehough.com/julianne-hough-for-sole-societys-new-wedge-is-here/
We crammed them in the husband's bag as we took the light rail back to the airport where we ran into my parents who were on their way home from Mexico. The husband's flight left 3 hours before mine. Again, the boys and I just hung out in the airport, talking about how tired and hungry we were. We had all had less than 4 hours of sleep since Saturday morning and it was definitely starting to kick in.

Another 4 hour layover in Fairbanks, Alaska. By this time it was 2am and we were exhausted. Finally, we landed back in Anchorage at 7:15am. Pretty much zombies. I'm not sure if it was the cold air (I think it was -10 when I got to my car) or the coffee but I felt wide awake! I decided I didn't need to get any sleep. So naturally, my mom came over to pick me up and we went shopping! :)

Anyway, that was my Seattle trip. I was hoping to get to see some family while we were there but it really was such a quick trip that we just didn't have time. I can't wait to plan my next trip back to Seattle! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment