Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Thank you

I honestly don't even know what to say other than THANK YOU. I debated as to whether or not I should post about my would have been due date today. I know that sometimes people say "You can't think about that" but how could I not? It was the first time in my life that I had some sort of timeline as to when I could expect to hold my first child. That is a dream of mine... something that I have always wanted. How could I let this day pass without saying something?

I not only posted about my thoughts on today and what it meant to me, but for the first time I also posted a link to this blog from my personal facebook page. That was something that I was sort of nervous about. Yes, I have listed my name and where I'm from, but unless I told you about this blog, no one that truly KNEW me, had any idea that it existed. What would people think? Would I make them uncomfortable? I decided that while yes, I may make some people uncomfortable and that is okay because all that I wanted was to reach even one person who needed to hear what I had to say... who needed to know that they aren't alone in their own struggles and something tells me that I did that.

Now I don't understand why I was even slightly nervous to post a link on my facebook page because I can't even tell you the number of texts, facebook messages, comments, etc that I have received in just the few hours since I posted the link. People who I have never met (friends of the husband), people I never knew very well, people from my past, people from the present... they reached out to me with love and support, more than I could ever have even hoped for.

It truly has meant the world to me to get the words of encouragement and the "we are praying for you" messages. I believe that prayer is a powerful thing and to know that there are people out there taking the time to pray for me... it kind of melts your heart quite honestly. I had expected today to be a bit of a heartbreaking day for me, but it has turned into quite the opposite. In my time of need, I'm being surrounded with love.

I just can't say it enough... THANK YOU to all of you who took the time to read any of what I had to say, all of you who said a prayer for me, all of you who reached out. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment