Monday, September 9, 2013

I'm back!

Iphone pic - downtown Seattle. Haven't uploaded camera pictures to my laptop just yet.

We finally  made it home from our trip to Seattle. It was so much fun but definitely lacked in the sleep department. It was amazing getting to see all of the family. We always have so much fun when we get together, you'd never guess we hadn't all been together for over a year. Now, we have to plan our next trip to visit again and hopefully catch a Seahawks game! :)

It was great to be able to be there for my cousin's wedding. I am so happy for him and thrilled that his new wife is now officially a part of the family, though she already has been for a few years now.  I just love spending time with family.

Anyway, while we were in Seattle, I got the call from my doctor with the results of my progesterone testing... sure enough, levels look good. So yet again, we have no idea why I've had the multiple miscarriages.  Just as I suspected. It all just seems so bizarre... a year ago, I never would've thought that this is something that I'd be thinking about. It is incredible how quickly our lives can change.

Now I can only wonder what my life will be like one year from now. Will I be in the process of more testing? Will I be pregnant? Will I have a baby? I am so thankful for where I am at right now. I have no idea what my future holds, but for some odd reason, I am okay with that. Now, you must understand that this is a huge change for me. I've always been the type that needs to KNOW. Around Christmas, I've been known to start guessing what my presents are (generally pretty good at it too!). I actually like when people tell me about the ending of a movie before I've seen it. I will read the end of a book after I've read only the first few chapters... I still finish the book, and it doesn't ruin it for me at all.

I can only hope that my future includes some adorable, healthy babies. But regardless of what is to come, I am so happy in my life right now and can't wait to see what more God has planned for my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment